Tuesday 8 February 2011

Pity Party!

Today at the gym I sat next to a man that was struggling to use the excersice bike because of a disability he has, I helped him get his foot into the strap but even then he struggled to move the peddles around and grasp the handles. Now I know im a complete sook normally but I really felt myself well up a little and not because I felt sorry for him as not for a second did he seem to feel sorry for himself but I think it was more to do with the fact that only moments before I was full of self pity wishing I looked like the toned lass working-out next to me and here was this chap just trying his hardest to use a bike for a few minutes.

Note to self...Self loathing is not the way to go! No at the moment I'm not my idea of the perfect size but I will be, I'll be fit and healthy again cause I intend on working my hiney off to get there. I have a hell of a lot to be thankful for and able bodied enough to change what I don't. This little pity party is officially over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment